Download: Parenting Time Decision Making Websites
PARENTING TIME / PARENTAL DECISION-MAKING WEBSITES
CO PARENTING APPS
- 2 Houses: allows both parents to view a joint calendar. Expenses can be entered and parents can sort out who will pay for what related to their children. The journal on the app also allows both parents to share information about the children. An information bank gives both parents access to details such as phone numbers, immunization records, shoe size, etc
- Baby Connect: keeps track of a child's feedings, diapers, sleep, medicines, and activities between multiple users who may be taking care of the child.
- In Between: allows you to find a midpoint (hotels, parks / recreation, restaurants, etc.) between two locations. This may be helpful for parents who live far away from each other - e.g. to pick the exchange location for parenting time.
- Our Family Wizard: includes a calendar, journal, message board, expense log, info bank for storage of family information, and a notification center. Parents can utilize this app to share messages, communicate regarding expenses, and update each other about the child's appointments, without having to involve the child as a messenger.
- Shared Calendar: store work shifts, child custody days, or any other repeating pattern. Manage a child's schedule and set permissions (read only, read-write) between multiple users. Calendar can be viewed on the web or app.
PLEASE NOTE: these lists are provided in alphabetical order, and the Court does not endorse or recommend one site, program, or app over any other. With new parenting tools being created on a regular basis, this is not a comprehensive list. The Court encourages the parties to search the web themselves for alternatives.
Books for Adults
- Blau, Melinda. Families Apart: Tne Keys to Successful Coparenting. G.P. Putmanm's Sons, 1994
- Clapp, PhD, Genevieve. Divorce and New Beginnings. John Wiley & Sons, Second Edition 2000
- Coates, Chrstine A. & LaCrosse, E. Robert. Learning from Divorce: How to Take Responsibility, Stop the Blame, and Move On. Jossey-Bass, 2003
- Fisher, PhD, Bruce and Alberti, PhD, Robert. Rebuilding When Your Relationship Ends - Third Edition, Impact Publishers, Seventh Printing 2005
- Garrity, Carla B. & Baris, Mitchell A. Caught in the Middle: Protecting the Children of High-Conflict Divorce. Jossey-Bass, 2012
- Newman, George. 101 Ways to be a Long Distance Super-Dad... Or Mom Too! Blossom Press, Revised Edition 2008
- Newman, M. Gary and Romanowski, Patricia. Helping Your Kids Cope With Divorce the Sandcastles Way. Random House, Inc., First Edition, 1999
- Ricci, PhD, Isolina. Mom's House, Dad's House: Making Two Homes for Your Child. Simon and Schuster, 1997
- Ross, Julie and Cocoran, Judy. Joint Custody with a Jerk: Raising a Child With an Uncooperative Ex - A Hands on, Practical Guide to Communicating with a Difficult Ex-Spouse. Martin's Press, Revised Updated Edition 2011
- Samenow, PhD, Stanton E. In the Best Interest of the Child: How to Protect Your Child From the Pain of Your Divorce. Crown Publishing Group, First Edition 2002
- Teyber, Edward. Helping Children Cope with Divorce. Jossey-Bass, 2001
- Thomas, PhD, Shirley. Parents Are Forever: A Step by Step Guide to Becoming Successful Coparents After Divorce. Springboard Publications, 1996
- Thomas, PhD, Shirley. Two Happy Homes: A Working Guide for Parents and Stepparents After Divorce and Remarriage. Springboard Publications, 2005
- Wallerstein, Judith, Lewis, Julia, and Blakesee, Sandra. The Unexpected Legacy of Divorce: A 25 Year Landmark Study. Hyperion, First Edition 2001
Books for Children
- Blume, Judy. It's Not the End of the World. Delacorte Books for Young Readers, Reprint Edition 2010
- Bienenfeld, Florence & Scott, Art. My Mom and Dad Are Getting A Divorce. Anchor House, 2002
- Brown, Laurie and Laurence, Marc. Dinosaurs Divorce: A Guide for Changing Families. Little & Brown, Reprint Edition 1988
- Caseley, Judith. Priscilla Twice. Greenwillow Books, 1995
- Lansky, Vicki. It's Not Your Fault, Koko Bear: A Read-Together Book for Parents and Young Children During Divorce. Book Peddlers, 1998
- Ransom, Jeanie Franz & Finney, Katheryn Kunz. I Don't Want to Talk About It. Magination Press, First Edition 2000
- Ricci, PhD, Isolina. Mom's House, Dad's House for Kids. Fireside, 2006
- Thomas, PhD, Shirley and Rankin, Dorothy. Divorced But Still My Parents. Springboard Publications, Third Printing 2005