Emergency Child Custody and Custody Order

If you are looking to protect your child by restricting the other parent’s right to see their child through an emergency custody order, there are several factors you must consider from a neutral perspective.

1. Is it an emergency?
2. Is your child in immediate danger?
3. Does evidence of the endangerment exist?

If you answered yes to the questions above then do not postpone contacting a family law attorney. Parents can endanger their own children through the use of drugs, alcohol, or poor mental health. However, it does not have to be the parent who presents the risk, as third parties like significant others can also endanger the children.The experienced attorneys at the Cossitt Law Firm focus solely in family law and will help you understand what is needed for a successful emergency child custody order. The filing of an emergency motion to restrict parenting time will be heard by the Court within 14 days, and the other parent’s parenting time will be restricted to supervised parenting time once the emergency child custody motion is filed.

If your parenting time has been restricted pursuant to C.R.S. 14-10-129(4) without justification and you must hire an attorney to represent you in the matter, you may be entitled to an award of attorney’s fees. Do not sit on your rights if you have been falsely accused.

Attorneys at The Cossitt Law Firm are experienced with emergency motions to restrict parenting time. Do not delay if you believe your child is endangered by the other parent or if you have been wrongly accused of endangering your child by the other parent. Call to schedule a consultation with one of our Fort Collins family law attorneys.

Due to Covid-19, your safety is our main concern. We offer remote consultations, call us at (970) 488-1887 to schedule a free consultation today.

Contact Us
close slider

Contact Us

Contact us or give us a call to discover how we can help.

Your Name?

Preferred Method?

Your Phone Number?

Email Address?

Your Subject?

Your Message?